Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Mentoring





Ok, I have GOT to start posting.  I have a new enthusiasm for sewing.  I have been teaching this cute little 5 year old girl how to sew.  She has been designing and stitching on her own for a couple of years.  I taught her how to hand sew and she made herself a skirt.  I'll have to get a picture of it and post it.  Adorable.  She had a little toy sewing machine but her mom decided she was ready for a real machine and I offered to teach her.  She brought it to school today and I showed her how to cut out a skirt from a pattern.  She was in heaven!  I had trouble with her machine so I might go looking for one just a little more advanced.  She has a Singer Pixie Plus.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I'm looking at a Janome Mini.

No comments:

Post a Comment